A short term training on ‘Construction Management and Site Supervision’ was organized for the Engineers of Lhuentse Dzongkhag Engineering Cell from Dec 19 – 29, 2016 at Jigme Namgyel Engineering College, Dewathang.
Construction management is one of the most exciting, challenging and rewarding responsibilities. The construction industry is growing rapidly and as construction projects become more complex, the need for Construction Managers become more critical.
As Construction Manager / Supervisor in an organization, one will be required to provide leadership and organize work crews to safely execute activities in accordance with the prevailing government/organizational procedures.
The training was aimed at the following:
- Develop professional strengths and career interests.
- Learn various aspects of construction management as well as technical and leadership skills building.
- Gain knowledge of construction materials, construction processes, basic management practices and strategies for daily business operations.
- Development of skills in planning and organizing, contracting practices, project estimation and blueprint interpretation.
- Gain confidence at workplace as supervisors.
Resource persons included Chief Engineer (Royal Academy Project, Paro) and Senior Faculty members of the college. In order to gain additional field experience, field visits to a major construction sites in Samdrupchholing and Samdrup Jongkhar. A total of 12 Engineers led by the Dzongkhag Engineer participated in the training programme and the training completion certificates were awarded by the Director, JNEC on Dec 29, 2016.