The Royal University of Bhutan (RUB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IITR) for academic cooperation and exchange on 19th September, 2016 at OVC, Thimphu.
The MoU will promote in particular the following activities:
- Exchange of academic publications
- Academic exchange of staff and students on a reciprocal basis
- Joint research and development in disciplines of mutual interest
- Organisation and participation of joint seminars and conferences, and
- Capacity building of RUB faculty by IITR
The MoU was signed by Dr. Pradipta Banerji, Director, IITR and Dr. Sandeep Singh, Dean Alumni Affairs and International Relations, with Vice Chancellor, Dasho Nidup Dorji and Dr. Phanchung, Director General, Department of Research and External Relations, RUB in the witness of the Director Dr. Cheki Dorji of College of Science and Technology and Dean, Research & Industrial Linkages, Hemlal Bhattarai of Jigme Namgyel Engineering College, the engineering colleges of RUB.
The MoU will facilitate the mutual sharing of best practices and expertise in engineering and technology in areas of Water Technology, Infrastructure Development, Himalayan Studies, Power Engineering, Renewable Energy and Environment and capacity development of RUB faculties by IITR.