Many activities related to academic, skill-based and co-curricular are conducted to encourage wholesome education and create a highly competent and innovative technical personnel infused with the values of Gross National Happiness in Jigme Namgyel Engineering College. The Publication Unit of the College is to inform about the events organized in Jigme Namgyel Engineering College to the relevant stakeholders, organization and in general to the world. The Unit aims to brand the Jigme Namgyel Engineering College through publishing newsletters, e-magazine, journals, pamphlets and participating in awareness programme.
In the past years, Publication Unit has been publishing bi-annual newsletter covering the events occurred in the college to inform people about the skills and knowledge JNEC possess. With the increase in number of programmes offered and strength of the cohorts every year, Publication Unit now publishes monthly e-magazine covering profile story, opinion writing, fiction, non-fiction and other forms of Creative Arts. It is also to instill the essential skills of inquiry and self-expression necessary for citizens of a democracy. In addition, the Unit is also responsible in coordinating college research journals and related publications.
The Unit Comprises of the following members:
- President as Chairman
- Dean Research and Industrial linkages as Adviser
- Faculty Coordinator
- Faculty Editorial team
- Student Members
The objectives of Publication unit are:
- To publicize on the programmes offered in JNEC and its relevancy in niche market.
- Inform on the academic related activities, co-curricular activities, exchange programmes both national and international level.
- Promote and encourage students’ possession of Knowledge, skills and talents apart from the technical modules.
- Improve students’ written communication skills and enhance the self-expression skills.