Department and Programme Overview
The Department of Humanities and Management was instituted in September 2015 as one of key departments in the college. The intention of its institution is to upkeep the smooth functioning of modules related to Humanities and and to look after the overall health of Diploma in Materials and Procurement Management Programme. The Department is currently driven by qualified and experienced professionals from different subject backgrounds; both humanities and management in presence of adequate teaching and learning facilities. In future the department is planning introduce specialized programme both at diploma and degree level.
Diploma in Materials and Procurement Management, introduced in July 2015, is offered as two years full time programme in the college. As a specialized management programme, it aims to train and produce knowledgeable, skilled and competent middle level workforce to enable management of effective physical resources and also to maximize financial value of various organization. The programme as first of its kind in the country was initiated on the need and concern shared by government, corporations and private organizations through tracer studies.
|Basic Accounting||Database Management|
|Materials and Specification||Introduction to Procurement Rules and Regulations|
|Basic Economics||Warehouse Management|
|IT Fundamentals & Office Productivity Tools||Tally|
|Materials Management||Principles and Practices of Management|
|Dzongkha for Communication||Logistics Management|
|Purchase Management||Negotiation Skills|
|Academic Skills||Elective(Analytical & Entrepreneurship Skills)|
Practical & Field based Curriculum
- On Job Training [OJT] 6 weeks of training in relevant organization across the country
- Project Work, practical and research based project in the final semester
- Industrial Tour/Field Trip/Study Tour- Exposure to familiarize learning in context.
The graduates, on completion of this diploma programme, will be able to:
- Manage physical resources effectively and efficiently to enable the organization to maximize their financial values.
- Manage the control of flow of materials at right cost for the right environment, minimizing the financial difficulties.
- Assist managers (procurement, administrator, stores) in implementing government’s policy on materials management and its directives.
- Enhance supplier performance
- Comply with overall process of procurement system considering economic, social and environmental factors.
- Address the issues of corruption in the procurement procedures.
The framework of Diploma in Materials and Procurement management programme was developed based on the need and employability in various; government, corporate and private organizations in the country. With no or limited professionals equipped with knowledge and skills in this area, it extends a great scale of sustainability and scope, both in the country and beyond the borders.
For further information about the programme
Dean, Research and Industrial Linkages
Contact number: +975 7 260202 (O)
Jigme Namgyel Engineering College
Dewathang: Samdrup Jongkhar