Entrepreneurship Development Cell:
- Hemlal Bhattarai, Dean, RIL, Focal Person
- Mr. Parshuram Sharma, Asst. Professor and Dean Academic Affairs
- Mr. Shah Bir Rai, Lecturer, EED
- Mr. Bikram Chhetri, Lecturer, EED
Objectives of Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
- To create an entrepreneurship culture in the institution.
- To infuse entrepreneurship culture in students so that they can find self-employment and contribute to socio-economic development activities.
- To help in building up entrepreneurship skills in students so that they can start enterprises and create employment for the fellow colleagues.
- To offer a module on entrepreneurship development.
- To develop incubation center to facilitate the interested entrepreneurs to test and simulate the ides.
- To create an awareness on entrepreneur opportunities to local communities.
- To help in developing the entrepreneurship skills for interested local communities.
- To work towards income generation for the sustenance of the center.
Activities of the Entrepreneurship Development Cell:-
- To prepare a module on Entrepreneurship Development in consultation with the other colleges and Entrepreneurship Development Institute, Ahmedabad.
- To organize talks by successfully entrepreneurs from Bhutan and outside to share their experiences. This is a way of motivating young entrepreneurs.
- To organize guest lectures by officials from Entrepreneurship Development Center, EDI, relevant government agencies and Industries.
- Initiate and conduct idea hunt competition in the campus to gather business ideas.
- To collect ideas business and build a database for use by interested entrepreneurs.
- To conduct research work and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities.
- To help the interested entrepreneurs to prepare project proposal.
- To guide the students in collecting information in obtaining their project approvals, bank loans and all other supporting facilities.
- To arrange factory visits and training for students.
- To conduct in-house training program/workshops/seminars in the field of entrepreneurship Development studies.
- Organize and conduct workshop for the local communities to develop entrepreneurship skills and knowledge.
- Developing reference materials booklet, course material for various training program.
- Periodic discussions with Entrepreneurs & Consultants.
- To develop business incubation center.
- Prepare / collect relevant Case Studies for reference by the interested entrepreneurs.
- Coverage of Industrial Exhibition & Trade Fairs (Information Gathering).
To organize Entrepreneurship Development Program and Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps