Dr. Andu Dukpa, the Hon’ble President of Jigme Namgyel Engineering College (JNEC) met with Prof. Subhasis Chaudhuri, the Hon’ble Director of IIT Bombay, Prof. Swati Patankar, Dean (International Relations), Heads of Departments (Computer Science and Mechanical Engg.), CEO of SINE (Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship), Prof. Kavi Arya, the founder of eYantra Robotics and other academics of IIT Bombay from Aug 19 to 23, 2019.
Discussions included the following:
- Masters & PhD programme for JNEC academics,
- Short term training of staff & students,
- Joint research programmes,
- Teaching opportunities for IIT graduates and Professors on sabbatical and,
- Student interaction and exchange through eYantra robotics programme and others.
The response from IIT Bombay has been encouraging and the two institutions will soon initiate activities as an outcome of the visit by the JNEC team.
A seven-member team from JNEC is currently in IIT Bombay as part of the EU funded project ‘Strengthening Problem Based Learning in South Asian Universities’ for which, JNEC is one of the project partners.