In pursuance to the notification from the Office of the Hon’ble Prime Minister, Jigme Namgyel Engineering College will re-open for face-to-face teaching and learning from July 1, 2020 for Final Year students (Degree & Diploma).
For the rest of the students, online classes will continue and further information will be provided at a later date.
All Final Year students are required to note the following dates:
- June 26, 2020: All Councillors (Final Years) & Rover Scouts (Final Years) will report
- June 27 – 28, 2020 All Final Year students will report to College.
- June 29, 2020 Hostel cleaning and preparation.
- June 30, 2020 Briefing on COVID-19 SoPs & related matters.
- July 1, 2020 Commencement of classes (Theory & Practicum)
Further, the Final Year students are required to note the following:
- All vehicles will be stopped at the College Main Gate and students will have to walk to their designated hostels. Arrangements will be made to transport heavy luggage from the Main Gate to the respective hostels. There are no other entry/exit points in the campus.
- All students will be required to undergo thermal scanning. Parents/Guardians will be restricted from entering the college campus.
- Respective House Advisors will be available at the College Main Gate to register details and travel history.
- All students will be required to make use of Druk Trace App.
- All students will be required to stay on campus in Jamphel Khangzang (Boys) and Namsey Khangzang (Girls). No student will be allowed to stay as a day-scholar.
- All students (scholarship and self-financed) will have to dine in the common Mess.
- Please bring at least a pair of re-usable facemask and hand sanitizers for personal use.
- All students will be required to wear face masks while on campus, including classes.
- All students will have to remain on campus and mobility will be restricted.
While on campus, you may please contact the following officials for any matters related to COVID-19:
- Ms. Phurpa Dema, Assistant Student Service Officer. Ph. No.: 17258251
- Mr. Ngawang Namgyel, Assoc. Lecturer. Ph. No.: 17497748
You may also contact the Office of the Student Affairs in advance if you have any inconveniences.
Further information on the arrangements made by the college will be provided to the students on June 30, 2020.
Please travel safe and we are anxiously waiting for you to be back with us in campus.