The training on Procurement and Contract Management is being held from 5th to 10th March, 2018 in Jigme Namgyel Engineering College to 10 officials from Phuentsholing Thromde under Chukha Dzongkhag. The training aims to provide comprehensive knowledge and skills on the procurement and contract management processes including the materials management to enhance the productivity and cost reduction measures.
The college has been training various participant from across the country in the core components of procurement and contract management area. Some of the important areas of the training include following components:
- Public Procurement System and its Objectives
- RGoB Procurement Rules and Regulations
- Preparation of SBD for Goods and Works
- Introduction to Contract Management System
- Contractor/Supplier Relationship & Quality Control Management
- Tools of Inventory Management & Physical Location of Inventory
- Control and Valuation of Inventory
- Irregularities during Contract Implementation
- Measures to resolve problem
- Introductions to Negotiation Skills
- Negotiation Skills and Mastering as Negotiator (Case Study & Activities)
- Database Management in Procurement System.
The mode of delivery in training session are presentations, discussion, exercises, practical and field visits. The resource person for the training are faculty from Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Materials & Procurement Management and Computer System Network Programmes.