Department of Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering is a broad field that includes various mixes of subjects of power systems, electronics, control system, protection system and lots more. The emerging technologies demand diverse study on contents but the major head is under Electrical Engineering.
Electrical Engineers provide energy solutions to light our homes; design, analyze and optimize wireless communication devices and networks that revolutionize the way we live (e.g. cellular phones, wireless networks, GPS, electronic commerce, smart rooms); advance underwater communication technologies for monitoring/sensing oceanic environmental changes; design smart software radio systems and networking protocols to facilitate ubiquitous terra-bit volume multimedia communications; develop biomedical devices and instrumentation to saves lives; use nanotechnology to produce better, faster, brighter, and stronger materials for solar cells and sensing devices; design the technology that enables customized multimedia entertainment; advance new green technologies that will power our future while protecting the environment. Electrical engineers can be found in almost all sectors of the work force, including research and development, product design, manufacturing, operations, service, technical sales, marketing, consulting, education, and policy making.
Engineering designs are a team effort and require good communication skills, both oral and written. Therefore it is important that each student develops these necessary communication skills. The benefit of having an education in electrical engineering is that the student is prepared for a career not only in technical areas but also for further training in other disciplines such as medicine, law, public policy, business, economics, management, and teaching.
The Diploma offered by the Department is the Diploma in Electrical Engineering. The program provides the scope of knowledge and training needed for employment and also forms the basis for further study at the undergraduate level.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Our graduates shall:
- Demonstrate expertise and career advancement in their field through the application of fundamental knowledge (mathematics and science), skills (problem solving), and engineering tools
- communicate effectively by delivering presentations, patent applications, reports, and/or scholarly conference and journal papers
- contribute to the achievement of their organization’s goals as an effective leader and/or effective team member
- be engaged in their profession and life-long learning by using their knowledge and expertise to aid civic institutions, educational organizations, and professional societies.
The program is designed to serve both students who intend to enter industry directly and others who plan to continue their education through formal undergraduate study.
VISION AND MISSION
The vision of the Electrical Engineering Department is to provide a stimulating and challenging intellectual environment.
- To have classes populated by outstanding students.
- To be world class in an increasing number of selected areas of research.
- To have faculty members with high visibility among their peers.
The mission of the Electrical Engineering Department is
- To educate the next generation of electrical engineers and provides necessary skills.
- To discover, apply, and disseminate knowledge and skills.
- To be an asset to the community and to society.